Need new flooring? Try granite tiles in Melbourne from Mitcham Tile Centre.
In recent years, granite tiles in Melbourne have increased in popularity dramatically as consumers have become more familiar with their impressive list of benefits. Granite tiles are beautiful and come in many different styles, including polished, honed and brushed. They’re extremely durable and suitable for even high-traffic areas. Granite is water-resistant and hypoallergenic and represents a strong investment when it comes to increasing the value of your home.
Problems Mitcham Tile Centre Addresses
When you’re choosing new flooring materials, there are so many options that it can feel overwhelming to narrow down your choices. However, granite is always an excellent choice. It’s great on benchtops, around sinks and baths and even on walls–but it’s in flooring where granite really shines. Here are some of the problems you can solve by choosing granite tiles:
- Breakable tiles. Granite is nearly impossible to break–and it’s resistant to heat and scratches too. With proper care, your granite floor will remain in excellent condition for a lifetime.
- Hard-to-clean floors. Granite is extremely easy to clean; simply sweep and mop regularly to avoid stains and keep your floor looking its best.
- Water-damaged floors. Unlike many flooring materials, water won’t harm granite. You’ll never have to worry about warping or other types of water damage. Do avoid using ammonia, bleach, or other harsh cleaning products that could remove the sealant.
Granite tile is a fantastic option for any home, solving a range of common flooring issues and giving your space a beautiful, stylish look.
Tips Regarding Granite Floor Tiles in Melbourne
Granite is very simple to care for, but there are a few things you should know to keep yours looking new for years to come.
- Sweep regularly. This simple chore will remove dirt, sand, dust and grit from the floor’s surface.
- Clean up spills immediately. Granite will stain if you leave spills to sit for long periods.
- Avoid harsh or acidic cleaners. Do not use vinegar, lemon juice, or any abrasive cleaners on your granite tile.
- Mop regularly with the right cleaner. Choose a cleaner made specifically for natural stone or stick to mild soap and water.
- Protect high-traffic areas. Placing non-slip mats or small rugs at entryways can help reduce the amount of dirt that ends up on your floor.
Some people find that a daily mop with water is all they need to keep their floors in top shape. If you have children or pets, you may find that you need to deep clean yours more often. With a little care and attention, your granite flooring can stay in excellent condition for decades.
Why Granite Floor Tiles in Melbourne Are Cost-Effective
Homeowners sometimes shy away from granite, considering it a higher-cost flooring option. However, granite is an investment: it will provide you with many years of performance and beauty and you won’t need to think about replacing your granite floor for a very long time. Granite will also add value to your home, a particularly strong point if you are planning to sell within the next five years or sooner. Even if you aren’t, however, your granite tiles will serve you and your family well for as long as you live in your home, providing a strong return on your investment. Contact Mitcham Tile Centre to learn more about your granite flooring options.